What to Expect
*COVID 19 SAFETY PROTOCOL: be prepared to present your vaccination card at your appointment, masks are required at all times, please contact us to reschedule if you exhibit any symptoms such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath.
- Each procedure lasts from 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Touch ups last from 30 minutes to 1 hour
- ‘Before’ pictures are taken for records and insurance purposes, as well as ‘after’ pictures.
- Detailed consultation including expectations, desired shape, color, corrective measures and lifestyle.
- Topical anesthetic (Lidocaine) is applied to numb the area.
- Color implantation is done with a sterile, one time use needle and handle.
- Color implantation (cosmetic tattoo application) usually lasts about 30-40 minutes, but is dependent on the size of the area, and additional anesthetic is applied as needed.
- Final approval and small adjustments are made prior to the end of the appointment.
- Post care treatment is applied (aquaphor) and detailed instructions are given as well as supplies.
- Touch-up appointment is booked at the end of the session to ensure optimal application of the tattoo.
- There may be some slight redness and swelling, but you can resume normal activity immediately after the procedure, except swimming.
- Aquaphor application is required for the first week and should be applied with a cotton swab before washing or showering. This prevents bacteria and keeps the area protected while healing.
- Apply a non-stick pad as instructed in your take home package.
- Stay out of the sun and high heat.
- It is normal for some flaking of the skin to occur. Do not rub, scratch or exfoliate the area.