What to Expect
*COVID 19 SAFETY PROTOCOL: be prepared to present your vaccination card at your appointment, masks are required at all times, please contact us to reschedule if you exhibit any symptoms such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath.
- Each procedure lasts from 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Touch ups last from 30 minutes to 1 hour
- ‘Before’ pictures are taken for records and insurance purposes, as well as ‘after’ pictures.
- Detailed consultation where expectations, desired shape, color, corrective measures and lifestyle are discussed.
- Topical anesthetic (Lidocaine) is applied to numb the area.
- A trial of the brow shape is drawn in brow pencil for further discussion and approval.
- Color implantation is done with a sterile, one time use needle and handle.
- Color implantation (cosmetic tattoo application) usually lasts about 40 minutes, and additional anesthetic is applied as needed.
- Final approval and small adjustments are made prior to the end of the appointment.
- Post care treatment is applied (vaseline) and detailed instructions are given as well as supplies.
- Touch-up appointment is booked at the end of the session to ensure optimal application of the tattoo.
- There may be some slight redness and swelling, but you can resume normal activity immediately after the procedure.
- Vaseline application is required for the first week and should be applied with a cotton swab before washing or showering. This prevents bacteria and keeps the area protected while healing.
- Stay out of the sun and high heat.
- It is normal for some flaking of the skin to occur. Do not rub, scratch or exfoliate the area.
- Avoid exfoliating facial treatments including retinols/retinoids, acids, vitamin C, harsh washes or facial brushes. Any brightening or spot fading treatment, will fade your new tattoo.
- Brow color will appear dark, or warm in the first 10 days. This is normal as the pigment oxidizes. The final, healed color will take about 3 weeks to appear.
- Always wear sunscreen to protect your tattoo and prevent fading once your tattoo is healed.
- Ask your esthetician or dermatologist before undergoing any procedures as they may fade your cosmetic tattoo.