What to Expect
*COVID 19 SAFETY PROTOCOL: be prepared to present your vaccination card at your appointment, masks are required at all times, please contact us to reschedule if you exhibit any symptoms such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath.
- Each procedure lasts from 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Touch ups last from 30 minutes to 1 hour
- ‘Before’ pictures are taken for records and insurance purposes, as well as ‘after’ pictures.
- Detailed consultation where expectations, desired shape, color, corrective measures and lifestyle are discussed.
- Topical anesthetic (Lidocaine) is applied to numb the area.
- Color implantation is done with a sterile, one time use needle and handle.
- Color implantation (cosmetic tattoo application) usually lasts about 30-40 minutes, but is dependent on the size of the area, and additional anesthetic is applied as needed.
- Final approval and small adjustments are made prior to the end of the appointment.
- Touch-up appointment is booked at the end of the session to ensure optimal application of the tattoo.
- There may be some slight redness and swelling, but you can resume normal activity immediately after the procedure.
- Stay out of the sun and high heat.
- It is normal for some flaking of the skin to occur. Do not rub, scratch or exfoliate the area.
- Avoid exfoliating facial treatments including retinols/retinoids, acids, vitamin C, harsh shampoo.
- Ask your esthetician or dermatologist before undergoing any procedures as they may fade your cosmetic tattoo.